Delaware Co. residents walk for wounded warriors
MEDIA, Pa. - May 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Thousands turned out on a sunny Saturday for a Walk for the Wounded event at Rosetree Park in Media, Delaware County.
The fundraiser benefits wounded soldiers and their families, and remember those who lost their lives, like Army Staff Sergeant Joseph Kane, who was killed by an IED in Iraq in 2006.
The Warriors Watch Riders escorted 12-wounded warriors two mile during the walk.
And the Phillie Phanatic was also there to help Delaware County residents lend a helping hand to their wounded warriors.
veterans, media, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 6 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 26 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 46 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom