Official: Wheeler's phone found near neighbor's home
DOVER, Del. - May 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Delaware official is confirming a development in the death of John Wheeler that Action News reported earlier this year - Wheeler's cell phone was recovered near his neighbor's unfinished home.
Alan Brown, the state's chief deputy fire marshal, told The News Journal of Wilmington John Wheeler's cell phone was found "on the ground" by police and fire investigators who were called to scene of a smoke bomb attack on a neighbor's home on Dec. 28. Wheeler's body was found in a Delaware landfill on Dec. 31.
Brown says the cell phone was turned over to Newark police, who are investigating Wheeler's slaying.
Wheeler and his wife had a longstanding court dispute with the owners of the New Castle home where the smoke bombs were tossed. The couple objected to the construction of the home because it blocked their view of the Delaware River.
delaware, john wheeler, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 56 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more