Official: Wheeler's phone found near neighbor's home
DOVER, Del. - May 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Delaware official is confirming a development in the death of John Wheeler that Action News reported earlier this year - Wheeler's cell phone was recovered near his neighbor's unfinished home.
Alan Brown, the state's chief deputy fire marshal, told The News Journal of Wilmington John Wheeler's cell phone was found "on the ground" by police and fire investigators who were called to scene of a smoke bomb attack on a neighbor's home on Dec. 28. Wheeler's body was found in a Delaware landfill on Dec. 31.
Brown says the cell phone was turned over to Newark police, who are investigating Wheeler's slaying.
Wheeler and his wife had a longstanding court dispute with the owners of the New Castle home where the smoke bombs were tossed. The couple objected to the construction of the home because it blocked their view of the Delaware River.
delaware, john wheeler, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos