Official: Wheeler's phone found near neighbor's home
DOVER, Del. - May 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Delaware official is confirming a development in the death of John Wheeler that Action News reported earlier this year - Wheeler's cell phone was recovered near his neighbor's unfinished home.
Alan Brown, the state's chief deputy fire marshal, told The News Journal of Wilmington John Wheeler's cell phone was found "on the ground" by police and fire investigators who were called to scene of a smoke bomb attack on a neighbor's home on Dec. 28. Wheeler's body was found in a Delaware landfill on Dec. 31.
Brown says the cell phone was turned over to Newark police, who are investigating Wheeler's slaying.
Wheeler and his wife had a longstanding court dispute with the owners of the New Castle home where the smoke bombs were tossed. The couple objected to the construction of the home because it blocked their view of the Delaware River.
delaware, john wheeler, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 2 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 55 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 27 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 11 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 27 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 1 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 51 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
1 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
51 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
22 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos