Police open fire on suspects in Olney
OLNEY - May 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police opened fire on two armed suspects following a foot pursuit overnight in Philadelphia's Olney section.
The shooting happened around 12:15 a.m. Wednesday near the intersection of 5th Street and Tabor Avenue.
No one was shot.
The suspects were apprehended a short time later and police were able to recover their weapons.
Police have not released word on what led to the pursuit.
olney, police chase, police, shooting, pa turnpike, pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police