Drunk prom goers spark underage drinking probe
EAGLEVILLE, Pa. - May 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- An underage drinking investigation is under way after more than two dozen Pennsylvania high school students had to be sent home after showing up drunk at their prom.
The Times Herald of Norristown reports as many as 32 students were booted from the Methacton Area High School prom on Saturday night.
State police say they're trying to determine if an adult supplied the students with alcohol before they arrived for the event at the Valley Forge Convention Center. Investigators tell The Philadelphia Inquirer some of the students were so intoxicated they couldn't stand on their own.
Methacton superintendent Timothy Quinn says administrators are conducting their own investigation. Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman says the district has cooperated with authorities.
underage drinking, alcohol, school, montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos