Drunk prom goers spark underage drinking probe
EAGLEVILLE, Pa. - May 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- An underage drinking investigation is under way after more than two dozen Pennsylvania high school students had to be sent home after showing up drunk at their prom.
The Times Herald of Norristown reports as many as 32 students were booted from the Methacton Area High School prom on Saturday night.
State police say they're trying to determine if an adult supplied the students with alcohol before they arrived for the event at the Valley Forge Convention Center. Investigators tell The Philadelphia Inquirer some of the students were so intoxicated they couldn't stand on their own.
Methacton superintendent Timothy Quinn says administrators are conducting their own investigation. Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman says the district has cooperated with authorities.
underage drinking, alcohol, school, montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 10 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow 2 min ago
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc 6 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 58 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Body found in Logan tire fire