Drunk prom goers spark underage drinking probe
EAGLEVILLE, Pa. - May 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- An underage drinking investigation is under way after more than two dozen Pennsylvania high school students had to be sent home after showing up drunk at their prom.
The Times Herald of Norristown reports as many as 32 students were booted from the Methacton Area High School prom on Saturday night.
State police say they're trying to determine if an adult supplied the students with alcohol before they arrived for the event at the Valley Forge Convention Center. Investigators tell The Philadelphia Inquirer some of the students were so intoxicated they couldn't stand on their own.
Methacton superintendent Timothy Quinn says administrators are conducting their own investigation. Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman says the district has cooperated with authorities.
underage drinking, alcohol, school, montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 20 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 6 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 11 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
6 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
20 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos