Manhole blast knocks out power in Manayunk
PHILADELPHIA - May 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- An underground explosion that blew off a manhole cover and knocked out power to part of a Philadelphia neighborhood is being blamed on a cable malfunction.
The problem knocked out power to about 2,400 homes in the city's Manayunk neighborhood on Monday evening.
PECO dispatched crews to the scene to repair the problem. Power was restored to all residents by midnight.
No fires or injuries were immediately reported.
explosion, energy, manayunk, pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos