Police investigate apparent drowning of 4-year-old
BRIDESBURG - June 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating the apparent drowning of a 4-year-old boy.
The incident took place on the 4300 block of Edgemont Street in the city's Bridesburg section around 8:15 p.m.
Police and medics were called to the scene for the report of an unresponsive boy in a residential swimming pool.
Both agencies arrived and immediately attempted to resuscitate the boy.
Medics rushed the lifeless boy to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
15th District police and Northeast Detectives are conducting the investigation.
There is no word on who was with the boy at the time of the accident.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, drowning, bridesburg, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ