Gary Papa honored in memorial garden
HAVERFORD, Pa. - June 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- The fight against cancer is a round the clock battle for many people.
Cancer survivors and supporters in Haverford Township were on the march against the disease.
It is the Annual Relay for Life at the Haverford Reserve, and organizers say the turnout has been great.
The walking and fund raising, continues through Sunday.
Jamie Apody and Kathy Papa took part, and they also helped dedicate a memorial garden.
Kathy's husband and WPVI colleague, Gary papa died of prostate cancer after a brave fight.
A tree and memorial brick are there, in remembrance of Gary.
haverford township, pennsylvania, cancer, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Winter Warm Up 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 1 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 39 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 34 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 41 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 1 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Winter Warm Up
6 min ago
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
15 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
39 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
33 min ago