Gary Papa honored in memorial garden
HAVERFORD, Pa. - June 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- The fight against cancer is a round the clock battle for many people.
Cancer survivors and supporters in Haverford Township were on the march against the disease.
It is the Annual Relay for Life at the Haverford Reserve, and organizers say the turnout has been great.
The walking and fund raising, continues through Sunday.
Jamie Apody and Kathy Papa took part, and they also helped dedicate a memorial garden.
Kathy's husband and WPVI colleague, Gary papa died of prostate cancer after a brave fight.
A tree and memorial brick are there, in remembrance of Gary.
haverford township, pennsylvania, cancer, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 23 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 2 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 30 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
49 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
2 min ago