Services for NJ girl who fell from Ferris wheel
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - June 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- An 11-year-old New Jersey girl who died after falling from a Ferris wheel has been laid to rest following a funeral service in Atlantic City.
More than 350 mourners gathered Wednesday at the All Wars Memorial Building for the 30-minute Muslim service for Abiah Jones of Pleasantville.
The Press of Atlantic City reports that friends and classmates from PleasanTech Academy Charter School wore T-shirts with her picture and the slogan "RIP. Love You."
Jones was buried at Seaside Cemetery in Upper Township.
Authorities say she was riding alone in one of the Ferris wheel's gondolas when she plunged about 100 feet from the ride at Morey's Mariner's Landing Pier in Wildwood on Friday. She and other students were there on a school trip.
The death remains under investigation.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City, http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com
new jersey, wildwood, child death, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's wife hit by accidental gun discharge 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 19 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 9 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more