Services for NJ girl who fell from Ferris wheel
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - June 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- An 11-year-old New Jersey girl who died after falling from a Ferris wheel has been laid to rest following a funeral service in Atlantic City.
More than 350 mourners gathered Wednesday at the All Wars Memorial Building for the 30-minute Muslim service for Abiah Jones of Pleasantville.
The Press of Atlantic City reports that friends and classmates from PleasanTech Academy Charter School wore T-shirts with her picture and the slogan "RIP. Love You."
Jones was buried at Seaside Cemetery in Upper Township.
Authorities say she was riding alone in one of the Ferris wheel's gondolas when she plunged about 100 feet from the ride at Morey's Mariner's Landing Pier in Wildwood on Friday. She and other students were there on a school trip.
The death remains under investigation.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City, http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com
new jersey, wildwood, child death, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply