Services for NJ girl who fell from Ferris wheel
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - June 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- An 11-year-old New Jersey girl who died after falling from a Ferris wheel has been laid to rest following a funeral service in Atlantic City.
More than 350 mourners gathered Wednesday at the All Wars Memorial Building for the 30-minute Muslim service for Abiah Jones of Pleasantville.
The Press of Atlantic City reports that friends and classmates from PleasanTech Academy Charter School wore T-shirts with her picture and the slogan "RIP. Love You."
Jones was buried at Seaside Cemetery in Upper Township.
Authorities say she was riding alone in one of the Ferris wheel's gondolas when she plunged about 100 feet from the ride at Morey's Mariner's Landing Pier in Wildwood on Friday. She and other students were there on a school trip.
The death remains under investigation.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City, http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com
new jersey, wildwood, child death, local/state
- Death toll lowered in Okla. tornado; 24 dead 26 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- Delaware trash can explosion leaves 1 injured
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Larry Holmes wins round in Pa. parking dispute
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Death toll lowered in Okla. tornado; 24 dead
26 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos