Heat causes road buckling on Schuylkill Expressway
GRAYS FERRY - June 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- The heat caused traffic problems on the eastbound Schuylkill Expressway in the Grays Ferry area.
The right lane is closed on the eastbound side between University and Grays Ferry avenues.
PennDOT says the heat caused the road to buckle, causing the right lane closure.
Delays are expected through the area.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, schuylkill expressway, heat wave, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases