Heat causes road buckling on Schuylkill Expressway
GRAYS FERRY - June 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- The heat caused traffic problems on the eastbound Schuylkill Expressway in the Grays Ferry area.
The right lane is closed on the eastbound side between University and Grays Ferry avenues.
PennDOT says the heat caused the road to buckle, causing the right lane closure.
Delays are expected through the area.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, schuylkill expressway, heat wave, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 48 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 15 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 13 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 14 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
48 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
32 min ago