Suicide suspected after body found in Delco creek
NETHER PROVIDENCE, Pa. - June 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned that police are leaning toward suicide as a cause of death after a headless body was found in a Delaware County creek.
However, no official ruling has been made in this case so far.
The body was found around 10:00 a.m. Wednesday in the Crum Creek, which runs behind the Crum Creek condos in Nether Providence.
Sources tell Action News that investigators found a noose close by the headless body.
The badly decomposed body has been taken to the Delaware County coroner's office for further investigation.
The source also tells Action News that investigators have no indication of foul play at the scene.
The body has not been identified so far.
body found, suspicious death, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 3 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse 21 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed