Suicide suspected after body found in Delco creek
NETHER PROVIDENCE, Pa. - June 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned that police are leaning toward suicide as a cause of death after a headless body was found in a Delaware County creek.
However, no official ruling has been made in this case so far.
The body was found around 10:00 a.m. Wednesday in the Crum Creek, which runs behind the Crum Creek condos in Nether Providence.
Sources tell Action News that investigators found a noose close by the headless body.
The badly decomposed body has been taken to the Delaware County coroner's office for further investigation.
The source also tells Action News that investigators have no indication of foul play at the scene.
The body has not been identified so far.
body found, suspicious death, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad