Hotel worker charged with Skymall catalog fraud
MEDIA, Pa. - June 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- A woman who worked at a Pennsylvania hotel is charged with fraudulently obtaining rewards points used to purchase more than $100,000 in items from the Skymall shopping catalog.
Prosecutors in Delaware County say 34-year-old Tia McNeill was taken into custody Tuesday at hotel where she worked in Towson, Md.
Court documents say McNeill used her position as a sales manager at a hotel near Philadelphia International Airport to accumulate fraudulent points using six fake Marriott hotel rewards accounts. A Georgia man told investigators he used the points to buy items he resold for cash, splitting the profits with McNeill.
McNeill is also charged with stealing Marriott credit cards and submitting false reimbursement reports.
Online court records don't list an attorney for McNeill.
fraud, media, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 18 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 1 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- DA: Charges coming in death of NYC student 25 min ago
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- DA: Charges coming in death of NYC student
25 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
1 min ago