A special wedding day for seniors in Pennsauken
PENNSAUKEN, N.J. - June 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- June is a popular month for weddings, and at Our Lady of Lourdes Life Center, it was also a good time for five loving couples to renew their vows.
The Living Independently for Elders or LIFE Program is an adult medical day care center in Pennsauken, and all of the program participants came together Thursday to celebrate with the Lopez, Finkelsteins, Orengos, Rogers and Dauberts.
"We did everything on the vows except for the 'till death do us part'; we can wait on that one," said Betty Rogers, who has been married for 26 years.
"I think it's wonderful," said Stewart Finklestein, who has been married 22 years. "She's the best thing that's ever happened to me."
There was a traditional toast with a bubbly beverage and then the brides tossed their bouquets. If you guessed that the grooms threw the garters, you would be correct.
"It's a good idea," said Valentino Lopez, who has been married 49 years. It's was beautiful. I never expected it to be like this."
"I was originally a May bride, and now I'm a June bride," said Eugenia Daubert, who has been married for 35 years.
It was a special and fun day for the couples who say renewing their vows and the special celebration only underscores the love they have for each other.
new jersey, pennsauken, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings 1 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 51 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 31 min ago
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe 44 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
51 min ago