A special wedding day for seniors in Pennsauken
PENNSAUKEN, N.J. - June 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- June is a popular month for weddings, and at Our Lady of Lourdes Life Center, it was also a good time for five loving couples to renew their vows.
The Living Independently for Elders or LIFE Program is an adult medical day care center in Pennsauken, and all of the program participants came together Thursday to celebrate with the Lopez, Finkelsteins, Orengos, Rogers and Dauberts.
"We did everything on the vows except for the 'till death do us part'; we can wait on that one," said Betty Rogers, who has been married for 26 years.
"I think it's wonderful," said Stewart Finklestein, who has been married 22 years. "She's the best thing that's ever happened to me."
There was a traditional toast with a bubbly beverage and then the brides tossed their bouquets. If you guessed that the grooms threw the garters, you would be correct.
"It's a good idea," said Valentino Lopez, who has been married 49 years. It's was beautiful. I never expected it to be like this."
"I was originally a May bride, and now I'm a June bride," said Eugenia Daubert, who has been married for 35 years.
It was a special and fun day for the couples who say renewing their vows and the special celebration only underscores the love they have for each other.
new jersey, pennsauken, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash