Del. woman dies in 3-vehicle crash near Millville
MILLVILLE, Del. (AP) - June 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- A 79-year-old Frankford woman is dead and two others are injured in a three-vehicle crash south of Millville.
Delaware State Police say the crash occurred about 8:45 a.m. Saturday on Roxana Road. Officers say a Ford Explorer was heading south when a Chevrolet Corsica turned into the northbound lane and the vehicles collided. After the impact, both vehicles crashed into a Dodge Ram truck.
Police say 79-year-old Hilda Bunting was killed. Her husband, 78-year-old Franklin Bunting, who was driving the Chevrolet, was seriously injured.
The driver of the Ford Explorer was injured but is expected to survive.
The accident is under investigation.
delaware, sussex county, accident, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 19 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire