Lancaster trench collapse kills 1, officials say
MANHEIM TWP., Pa. (AP) - June 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities in central Pennsylvania say a trench collapse has killed one person.
Emergency officials say rescuers in Lancaster County were called to a construction site in Manheim Township at about 2 p.m. Tuesday.
Rescue crews responded and tried to get the person out, but about an hour later an official said the operation had shifted from a rescue to a recovery.
Authorities had no immediate word on the identity of the victim or how the accident happened.
pennsylvania, lancaster county, collapse, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police