Pat Merbreier, TV's "Mrs. Noah," dies
PHILADELPHIA - June 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Patricia B. Merbreier, who for 28 years starred as Mrs. Noah on the 6ABC television show "Captain Noah and His Magical Ark," has died.
Merbreier died peacefully at home Thursday night surrounded by her family.
"Captain Noah and his Magical Ark" ran on 6ABC from 1967 to 1995. The show featured W. Carter Merbreier as the Captain, and his wife, Patricia, as Mrs. Noah.
Together the pair took children on weekly adventures that featured characters including Wally the Walrus, Maurice the Mouse, and the theme song known so well by their fans, "I Can Sing a Rainbow."
While Carter played the Captain, he always liked to say that Pat kept the ark afloat. She not only provided her presence on the show, she also created and voiced all of the puppets, while lending her own beautiful vocals to the Rainbow song.
The 6ABC family joins the Merbreier family in mourning Pat's passing.
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 26 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 2 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
26 min ago