Pat Merbreier, TV's "Mrs. Noah," dies
PHILADELPHIA - June 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Patricia B. Merbreier, who for 28 years starred as Mrs. Noah on the 6ABC television show "Captain Noah and His Magical Ark," has died.
Merbreier died peacefully at home Thursday night surrounded by her family.
"Captain Noah and his Magical Ark" ran on 6ABC from 1967 to 1995. The show featured W. Carter Merbreier as the Captain, and his wife, Patricia, as Mrs. Noah.
Together the pair took children on weekly adventures that featured characters including Wally the Walrus, Maurice the Mouse, and the theme song known so well by their fans, "I Can Sing a Rainbow."
While Carter played the Captain, he always liked to say that Pat kept the ark afloat. She not only provided her presence on the show, she also created and voiced all of the puppets, while lending her own beautiful vocals to the Rainbow song.
The 6ABC family joins the Merbreier family in mourning Pat's passing.
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 44 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack 38 min ago
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ 44 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
44 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on bitter cold...
55 min ago