Del. police investigating robberies in Rehoboth
REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. (AP) - June 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating a trio of early-morning robberies in Rehoboth Beach in the last month.
Officials say the robberies occurred May 29, June 16 and June 18. Police say a group accosted a man on June 5 but fled as the man screamed and left without taking anything.
The incidents have occurred in the West Rehoboth area and have involved people being struck in the head and then robbed.
State police spokesman Cpl. Bruce Harris tells The Daily Times of Salisbury that officials are investigating whether the robberies are related.
Police say people should avoid walking by themselves early in the morning. State Police and Rehoboth Beach police are stepping up patrols in response to the robberies.
delaware, rehoboth beach, robbery, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run 51 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos