Suspect in double shooting surrenders
GREENWOOD, Del. (AP) - June 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- State police say a suspect in a double shooting has surrendered after barricading himself for hours in a home in a small Sussex County town.
Police say the 67-year-old man earlier Sunday had released a female the home in Greenwood. At about 8:45 p.m. he surrendered to the Delaware State Police without a struggle.
He's believed to have shot a man and a woman, killing the woman Sunday morning. The hostage had come out the front door of the home and police say she is in good condition.
The body of the slain woman was found on the front lawn. The shot man was hospitalized with arm injuries.
Crisis negotiators worked for the surrender and SWAT teams were at the scene. Several homes were evacuated and roads were closed for a time.
delaware, sussex county, shooting, hostage, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run 48 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos