Suspect in double shooting surrenders
GREENWOOD, Del. (AP) - June 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- State police say a suspect in a double shooting has surrendered after barricading himself for hours in a home in a small Sussex County town.
Police say the 67-year-old man earlier Sunday had released a female the home in Greenwood. At about 8:45 p.m. he surrendered to the Delaware State Police without a struggle.
He's believed to have shot a man and a woman, killing the woman Sunday morning. The hostage had come out the front door of the home and police say she is in good condition.
The body of the slain woman was found on the front lawn. The shot man was hospitalized with arm injuries.
Crisis negotiators worked for the surrender and SWAT teams were at the scene. Several homes were evacuated and roads were closed for a time.
delaware, sussex county, shooting, hostage, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst 6 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Tracking More Snow
3 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on the storm...
12 min ago
- John Rawlins reports from Cherry Hill on...
5 min ago
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst
6 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos