Search resumes for missing boater in Barnegat Bay
BARNEGAT LIGHT, N.J. (AP) - June 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rescue crews have resumed their search for a 25-year-old man who fell off a speed boat as it traveled in Barnegat Bay this weekend.
Authorities say the man was one of four people aboard the 23-foot boat when it hit a wake in the bay's Tices Shoal section around 6 p.m. Saturday.
The man - who wasn't wearing a life jacket - and another passenger with him in the back of the boat were tossed into the water. The other passenger was soon pulled from the water by the boat's driver, but the missing man never resurfaced..
Crews from the Coast Guard, state police and other agencies immediately began looking for the man, but later suspended their search due to darkness. They then resumed it shortly after dawn on Sunday.
new jersey, atlantic county, missing boater, missing person, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 7 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years 25 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 35 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire