Search resumes for missing boater in Barnegat Bay
BARNEGAT LIGHT, N.J. (AP) - June 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rescue crews have resumed their search for a 25-year-old man who fell off a speed boat as it traveled in Barnegat Bay this weekend.
Authorities say the man was one of four people aboard the 23-foot boat when it hit a wake in the bay's Tices Shoal section around 6 p.m. Saturday.
The man - who wasn't wearing a life jacket - and another passenger with him in the back of the boat were tossed into the water. The other passenger was soon pulled from the water by the boat's driver, but the missing man never resurfaced..
Crews from the Coast Guard, state police and other agencies immediately began looking for the man, but later suspended their search due to darkness. They then resumed it shortly after dawn on Sunday.
new jersey, atlantic county, missing boater, missing person, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 4 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts. 50 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping 28 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
50 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
4 min ago
- Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
28 min ago