Tour bus hits truck on Pa. highway, driver killed
DONEGAL, Pa. (AP) - June 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- A tour bus has struck the rear of a flatbed truck on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, killing the bus driver.
Officials say the collision happened Monday morning near the highway's Donegal exit, about 40 miles east of Pittsburgh.
Turnpike communications director Bill Capone says the bus driver became trapped in the accident.
Capone says 22 of the 56 passengers on board the bus were injured and transported to hospitals. He says their injuries are described as minor to moderate.
The name of the bus operator was not immediately clear.
pennsylvania turnpike, pennsylvania, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos