Tour bus hits truck on Pa. highway, driver killed
DONEGAL, Pa. (AP) - June 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- A tour bus has struck the rear of a flatbed truck on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, killing the bus driver.
Officials say the collision happened Monday morning near the highway's Donegal exit, about 40 miles east of Pittsburgh.
Turnpike communications director Bill Capone says the bus driver became trapped in the accident.
Capone says 22 of the 56 passengers on board the bus were injured and transported to hospitals. He says their injuries are described as minor to moderate.
The name of the bus operator was not immediately clear.
pennsylvania turnpike, pennsylvania, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens to distant waters 9 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 15 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 13 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos