Tour bus hits truck on Pa. highway, driver killed
DONEGAL, Pa. (AP) - June 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- A tour bus has struck the rear of a flatbed truck on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, killing the bus driver.
Officials say the collision happened Monday morning near the highway's Donegal exit, about 40 miles east of Pittsburgh.
Turnpike communications director Bill Capone says the bus driver became trapped in the accident.
Capone says 22 of the 56 passengers on board the bus were injured and transported to hospitals. He says their injuries are described as minor to moderate.
The name of the bus operator was not immediately clear.
pennsylvania turnpike, pennsylvania, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 6 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted