Several injured in Parkside trolley accident
PARKSIDE - June 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Several people were injured in an accident involving a SEPTA trolley Tuesday morning in Philadelphia's Parkside section.
Around 9:00 a.m. the fire department and rescue crews were called to the area of 38th Street and Girard Avenue for a trolley accident.
When they arrived, crews found that multiple people were injured from the accident.
The victims have been transported to The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with non-life threatening injuries.
There is no word at this time on what led to the accident. Police are investigating.
parkside, pennsylvania, philadelphia, accident, SEPTA, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 37 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington 14 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton 59 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition