Several injured in Parkside trolley accident
PARKSIDE - June 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Several people were injured in an accident involving a SEPTA trolley Tuesday morning in Philadelphia's Parkside section.
Around 9:00 a.m. the fire department and rescue crews were called to the area of 38th Street and Girard Avenue for a trolley accident.
When they arrived, crews found that multiple people were injured from the accident.
The victims have been transported to The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with non-life threatening injuries.
There is no word at this time on what led to the accident. Police are investigating.
parkside, pennsylvania, philadelphia, accident, SEPTA, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 52 min ago
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 3 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 14 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 24 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 11 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 10 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 27 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 1 min ago