Driver of striking vehicle renders aid to bicyclist
PHILADELPHIA - June 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- A bicyclist is in critical condition after he was hit while trying to cross Martin Luther King Drive, but his life may have been saved by the driver who struck him.
It turns out that man was a physician.
He and other witnesses immediately rendered aid to the cyclist.
Minutes later an ambulance arrived.
This all happened just before 8:00 p.m. near the Strawberry Mansion Bridge.
Police have not filed any charges.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, accident, bicyclist struck, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 7 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 10 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 29 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos