Driver of striking vehicle renders aid to bicyclist
PHILADELPHIA - June 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- A bicyclist is in critical condition after he was hit while trying to cross Martin Luther King Drive, but his life may have been saved by the driver who struck him.
It turns out that man was a physician.
He and other witnesses immediately rendered aid to the cyclist.
Minutes later an ambulance arrived.
This all happened just before 8:00 p.m. near the Strawberry Mansion Bridge.
Police have not filed any charges.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, accident, bicyclist struck, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 47 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
20 min ago