Driver of striking vehicle renders aid to bicyclist
PHILADELPHIA - June 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- A bicyclist is in critical condition after he was hit while trying to cross Martin Luther King Drive, but his life may have been saved by the driver who struck him.
It turns out that man was a physician.
He and other witnesses immediately rendered aid to the cyclist.
Minutes later an ambulance arrived.
This all happened just before 8:00 p.m. near the Strawberry Mansion Bridge.
Police have not filed any charges.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, accident, bicyclist struck, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore