Construction inspector dies in Pa. site fall
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - July 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- A city employee is dead after falling into a ditch while inspecting a construction site on the campus of Lehigh University.
Officials in Bethlehem say 58-year-old Al Calvo fell into a 10-foot hole Thursday afternoon at the site where crews were working on the university's new business center.
City officials say Calvo was an inspector for the Bethlehem's Public Works Department.
Lehigh University spokesman Jordan Reese says a private construction crew was working on the street as part of a project to upgrade the building's heating and air conditioning systems.
Bethlehem police say they are investigating.
pennsylvania, bethlehem, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 48 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 27 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 55 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co. 7 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
27 min ago