Construction inspector dies in Pa. site fall
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - July 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- A city employee is dead after falling into a ditch while inspecting a construction site on the campus of Lehigh University.
Officials in Bethlehem say 58-year-old Al Calvo fell into a 10-foot hole Thursday afternoon at the site where crews were working on the university's new business center.
City officials say Calvo was an inspector for the Bethlehem's Public Works Department.
Lehigh University spokesman Jordan Reese says a private construction crew was working on the street as part of a project to upgrade the building's heating and air conditioning systems.
Bethlehem police say they are investigating.
pennsylvania, bethlehem, local/state
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 37 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 5 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 9 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 16 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
9 min ago