Construction inspector dies in Pa. site fall
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - July 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- A city employee is dead after falling into a ditch while inspecting a construction site on the campus of Lehigh University.
Officials in Bethlehem say 58-year-old Al Calvo fell into a 10-foot hole Thursday afternoon at the site where crews were working on the university's new business center.
City officials say Calvo was an inspector for the Bethlehem's Public Works Department.
Lehigh University spokesman Jordan Reese says a private construction crew was working on the street as part of a project to upgrade the building's heating and air conditioning systems.
Bethlehem police say they are investigating.
pennsylvania, bethlehem, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 47 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars 31 min ago
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 39 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
45 min ago