Camden fire destroys store, homes
CAMDEN, N.J. - July 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Camden firefighters battled another multi-alarm blaze early Saturday morning.
Flames erupted inside a corner store on the 900 block of Fairview Street.
The business collapsed as the fire and smoke spread to neighboring homes before being contained.
Two homes sustained severe damage. Two vacant homes were also damaged.
Investigators say a Gloucester City firefighter broke his ankle while fighting the fire. A Camden firefighter had to be treated for dizziness. No other injuries have been reported.
We're told that water pressure problems hampered efforts to reign in the fire.
Officials have not said what sparked the fire.
The Fairview Street fire comes in the wake of three multi-alarm infernos in Camden. At least one of those fires is being investigated as an arson.
new jersey, camden, fire, local/state
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Lots of clouds, damp today 8 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport
- Actress Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge