Camden fire destroys store, homes
CAMDEN, N.J. - July 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Camden firefighters battled another multi-alarm blaze early Saturday morning.
Flames erupted inside a corner store on the 900 block of Fairview Street.
The business collapsed as the fire and smoke spread to neighboring homes before being contained.
Two homes sustained severe damage. Two vacant homes were also damaged.
Investigators say a Gloucester City firefighter broke his ankle while fighting the fire. A Camden firefighter had to be treated for dizziness. No other injuries have been reported.
We're told that water pressure problems hampered efforts to reign in the fire.
Officials have not said what sparked the fire.
The Fairview Street fire comes in the wake of three multi-alarm infernos in Camden. At least one of those fires is being investigated as an arson.
new jersey, camden, fire, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 48 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 34 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 24 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 9 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 39 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 24 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
34 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
48 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos