Camden fire destroys store, homes
CAMDEN, N.J. - July 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Camden firefighters battled another multi-alarm blaze early Saturday morning.
Flames erupted inside a corner store on the 900 block of Fairview Street.
The business collapsed as the fire and smoke spread to neighboring homes before being contained.
Two homes sustained severe damage. Two vacant homes were also damaged.
Investigators say a Gloucester City firefighter broke his ankle while fighting the fire. A Camden firefighter had to be treated for dizziness. No other injuries have been reported.
We're told that water pressure problems hampered efforts to reign in the fire.
Officials have not said what sparked the fire.
The Fairview Street fire comes in the wake of three multi-alarm infernos in Camden. At least one of those fires is being investigated as an arson.
new jersey, camden, fire, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 53 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 9 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
53 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos