Video shows Downingtown fire, explosions
DOWNINGTOWN, Pa. - July 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Chester County fire crews battled an extra alarm blaze in Downingtown.
Firefighters battled heavy fire upon arrival at a one-story brick structure.
Much of the fire, which began at 2:05 p.m. and escalated to a second alarm, has been knocked down.
Action News viewers sent in photos of the smoke and flames and Action News viewer JaredM sent in video showing explosions coming from the building.
No injuries have been reported.
Fire officials say an initial assessment leads investigators to believe the building was unoccupied.
pennsylvania, downingtown, chester county, fire, explosion, local/state
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids 43 min ago