Warning released on potentially deadly heroin in Camden
CAMDEN, N.J. - July 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- Camden police say several heroin overdoses during the weekend have been linked to a batch of the drug that's even more dangerous than usual.
Investigators say the heroin is laced with the powerful painkiller fentanyl.
All 11 overdose victims have recovered. But police are warning that fentanyl was added to heroin from a batch five years ago, which killed nearly a hundred people in South Jersey.
Police are trying to identify the source of the drug used this past weekend.
illegal drugs, camden, new jersey, local/state
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 36 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- 1 person burned in fast-moving house fire 29 min ago
- Search for missing college student from Skippack 14 min ago
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
36 min ago
- 1 person burned in fast-moving house fire
29 min ago
- Tips for Pet Care Savings
47 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos