Warning released on potentially deadly heroin in Camden
CAMDEN, N.J. - July 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- Camden police say several heroin overdoses during the weekend have been linked to a batch of the drug that's even more dangerous than usual.
Investigators say the heroin is laced with the powerful painkiller fentanyl.
All 11 overdose victims have recovered. But police are warning that fentanyl was added to heroin from a batch five years ago, which killed nearly a hundred people in South Jersey.
Police are trying to identify the source of the drug used this past weekend.
illegal drugs, camden, new jersey, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 40 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 4 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder