2 girls injured in separate dog attacks
FELTONVILLE - July 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- Two girls were injured in separate dog attacks on Wednesday afternoon in Philadelphia.
The attacks did not appear to be related.
In the first incident, a 2-year-old girl was bitten in the 4800 block of Gransback Street in the Feltonville section of Philadelphia around 2:00 p.m.
The girl was taken to Saint Christopher's Hospital for Children.
Medics reported the girl was breathing normally and was conscious.
The other incident happened around the same time in the 10000 block of Dedaker Street in the Somerton section.
Medics arrived to find a 12-year-old girl had been bitten in the face. She was also taken to Saint Christopher's Hospital for Children.
There is no word yet on what provoked either attack.
philadelphia, feltonville, somerton, animal attacks, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 54 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 47 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 53 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 51 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
46 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
54 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos