Family of NJ girl who died on Ferris wheel sues
PHILADELPHIA - July 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- The parents of an 11-year-old girl who fell to her death from near the top of a New Jersey shore Ferris wheel are suing the ride's operator.
Twanda and Byron Jones filed suit Thursday in Philadelphia Common Pleas Court.
Their 11-year-old daughter, Abiah, was on a school trip when she fell about 150 feet from the Giant Wheel at Morey's Mariner's Landing Pier in Wildwood on June 3.
Investigators have not been able to determine how the girl got out of the gondola.
A lawyer for the family says the Pleasantville, N.J., couple is suing in Pennsylvania because Morey's Pier does extensive marketing there. The suit does not ask for specific damages.
A Morey's spokeswoman says the company won't comment.
new jersey, lawsuit, wildwood, child death, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 27 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 39 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos