Boy scout rescued from Schuylkill River
BERKS COUNTY, Pa., - July 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- A 15-year old boy scout was hospitalized after being rescued from the Schuylkill River in Berks County.
The incident happened just before 3:00 Saturday afternoon in the river along the 200 block of Poplar Neck Road.
Officials say that the teenager was canoeing in the river when his vessel flipped over, catching him in between his overturned canoe and a rock.
It took more than two hours to free the boy.
He was taken to Reading Hospital for non-life threatening injuries. No word on his condition.
The incident remains under investigation.
pennsylvania, berks county, rescue, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)