Phila. homes evacuated after gas main break
OVERBROOK - July 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Homes are being evacuated in the Overbrook section of Philadelphia after a gas main break on Monday morning.
The evacuations are happening in the 1400 block of North 52nd Street.
Fire officials tell Action News that contractors struck a gas main while doing work on the block shortly before 9:30 a.m.
No injuries have been reported and officials are evacuating those homes as a precaution.
There was no immediate word on how long those residents would be kept out of their homes.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, overbrook, gas leak, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 38 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 40 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years 14 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall