Phila. homes evacuated after gas main break
OVERBROOK - July 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Homes are being evacuated in the Overbrook section of Philadelphia after a gas main break on Monday morning.
The evacuations are happening in the 1400 block of North 52nd Street.
Fire officials tell Action News that contractors struck a gas main while doing work on the block shortly before 9:30 a.m.
No injuries have been reported and officials are evacuating those homes as a precaution.
There was no immediate word on how long those residents would be kept out of their homes.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, overbrook, gas leak, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 11 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 41 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 6 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos