Pregnant teen ejected in City Avenue crash
OVERBROOK - July 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a crash that has left three people seriously injured this morning, including a pregnant teenager.
The crash happened around 5:00 Tuesday morning in the 7300 block of City Avenue. That's where, police say, a vehicle careened into a tree, ejecting a teenaged female who was reportedly 6 months pregnant.
Medics took the teen to The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment of her injuries.
Two others had to be cut from the vehicle and they too, both said to be males, were taken to HUP for treatment.
One male was said to be in his early 20s with multiple fractures to his extremities.
No word yet what caused the driver to crash.
accident, overbrook, pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes 31 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington 3 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 25 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police