3 charged in River Forest murder
July 14, 2011 (RIVER FOREST, Ill.) -- Three men - a former police officer, his son and a friend - are charged with the murder of a Chicago woman in River Forest.
Chervon Monique Alexander, 29, was shot to death in a River Forest parking lot on Monday. She was romantically involved with suspect Devin Bickham, Senior, 39, of Blue Island.
Bickham Senior, who was once a North Chicago police officer, allegedly recruited his son; Devin Bickham junior, 20; and Cardell Taylor, 35; to murder Alexander. Charges include first-degree murder.
"I hope they are the right people and get prosecuted to the fullest. They were wrong and they deserve to get whatever is coming to them," Tarray Molton, neighbor, said.
Police say on Monday night Bickham Senior drove Alexander to a parking lot in River Forest where Bickham Junior and Taylor shot her to death. A witness was able to give a description of the suspects' car and Bickham Junior and Taylor were taken into custody a short time after the shooting.
"I am happy that they were caught and that justice has been served," Ruth McKitchen, Alexander's neighbor, said.
Police say Bickham Senior had Alexander shot because she was pressuring him to leave his wife and marry her.
Alexander is the mother of two young children- a boy and a girl.
Bickham Senior's neighbors say the man recently moved into the Blue Island home and was not well known.
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing 32 min ago
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ