Disabled vet wants stolen scooter returned
PHILADELPHIA - July 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- A disabled Vietnam veteran is asking for his scooter back.
Ronald Smiley says his mobility scooter was outside of his home on the 1500 block of North Hollywood Street in Philadelphia's Brewerytown section Friday morning.
He says the scooter was stolen sometime after 9:00am.
And while Smiley does have prosthesis, he says he desperately needs the scooter for distances longer than a block.
"It's my mobility," said Smiley. "It's my legs. The scooter is literally my legs. For anything longer than a block or two, the scooter is mandatory and necessary."
The scooter is blue with a metallic finish.
Smiley has reported the theft to Veterans affairs and the police.
veterans, disabilities, theft, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware 43 min ago
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
13 min ago
- Annie McCormick reports from Blackwood, NJ
52 min ago