Infant hospitalized after near drowning in W. Phila.
WEST PHILADELPHIA - July 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- An infant boy was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after nearly drowning in West Philadelphia.
The near drowning happened around 10:15 p.m. along the 5200 block of Pennsgrove Street.
Police report the child is approximately 6 months old. He was last reported to be hospitalized in critical condition.
Philadelphia's Special Victims Unit is investigating.
Police are questioning a number of people at this time, but so far there is no word on how the near-drowning occurred. No charges have been filed.
drowning, west philadelphia, pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
11 min ago