Infant hospitalized after near drowning in W. Phila.
WEST PHILADELPHIA - July 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- An infant boy was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after nearly drowning in West Philadelphia.
The near drowning happened around 10:15 p.m. along the 5200 block of Pennsgrove Street.
Police report the child is approximately 6 months old. He was last reported to be hospitalized in critical condition.
Philadelphia's Special Victims Unit is investigating.
Police are questioning a number of people at this time, but so far there is no word on how the near-drowning occurred. No charges have been filed.
drowning, west philadelphia, pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- Man dressed as Santa struck on I-95
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 10 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
10 min ago