Missing swimmer's body recovered from Pa. lake
PENN TOWNSHIP, Pa., - July 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Searchers have recovered the body of missing swimmer from an eastern Pennsylvania lake, the second death there this month.
State police say the body of 23-year-old Samuel Burlacu of Reading was recovered Friday afternoon in 18 feet of water in Blue Marsh Lake.
Police said he appeared to be in distress when witnesses last saw him in the Berks County lake the night before.
The death happened not far from where 15-year-old Sherac Nerjuste of Sinking Spring died July 13 after jumping into the lake from a cliff.
"You're not supposed to jump off the cliffs," said Shane Rose, of Robesonia, who was out enjoying Blue Marsh Lake on Thursday. "There's signs posted all over the place and ones on the bridge. You're not supposed to jump off the bridge or the cliffs."
Burlacu, of Reading, graduated from Albright College in May, said Dave Johnson, a spokesman for the school. He majored in religious studies.
Johnson said Burlacu's sister is also a student at Albright, and his mother is an employee of the college.
pennsylvania, berks county, drowning, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos