Death of Sarah Townsend ruled suicide
BURLINGTON TWP., N.J. - July 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- The death of a Burlington County teenager, whose disappearance captivated the entire area for nearly a week this spring, has been ruled a suicide.
Sarah Townsend, 18, vanished back in early May. Her car was found abandoned in Green Acres Park in Burlington Township.
Five days later, officials found her body in the bottom of Sherman's Pond.
On Tuesday, Burlington County Medical Examiner Dr. Ian Hood, released the findings of his investigation, concluding Townsend committed suicide.
Hood also confirmed that a suicide note was in her car and that Townsend had significant levels of cocaine in her system.
Soon after her body was found, her cause of death was determined to be from drowning.
There were no signs of foul play.
new jersey, burlington county, missing person, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme 33 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 33 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos