Death of Sarah Townsend ruled suicide
BURLINGTON TWP., N.J. - July 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- The death of a Burlington County teenager, whose disappearance captivated the entire area for nearly a week this spring, has been ruled a suicide.
Sarah Townsend, 18, vanished back in early May. Her car was found abandoned in Green Acres Park in Burlington Township.
Five days later, officials found her body in the bottom of Sherman's Pond.
On Tuesday, Burlington County Medical Examiner Dr. Ian Hood, released the findings of his investigation, concluding Townsend committed suicide.
Hood also confirmed that a suicide note was in her car and that Townsend had significant levels of cocaine in her system.
Soon after her body was found, her cause of death was determined to be from drowning.
There were no signs of foul play.
new jersey, burlington county, missing person, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 22 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 55 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber