Lawyer: Pa. teacher suspended over blog reinstated
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. (AP) - July 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia high school teacher suspended over a blog in which she called students "disengaged, lazy whiners" has been reinstated.
A lawyer for Natalie Munroe says she will be allowed to return to her Central Bucks East High School classroom this fall. Attorney Steve Rovner says the district reinstated Munroe to the same school, teaching the same classes.
He says her talents would best be utilized at a different school in the district, but that's not an option. He says Munroe is taking a few days to digest the development.
Munroe was suspended in February after the district became aware of her blog, in which she described some students as "frightfully dim," "whiny" and "tactless." The Intelligencer of Doylestown reports the district's human resources director confirmed Munroe would return.
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 44 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ