Possible heat related death in Delco
BROOKHAVEN, Pa. - July 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware County officials say an 81-year-old woman's death may have been partially attributed to the complications from the heat.
Eleanor Murray of Brookhaven was discovered inside her Forestview Road home back on July 24th.
She was described as being unresponsive; her home was said to be hot.
A subsequent external examination revealed she died from arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease associated with inanition with probable dehydration and exposure to a hot enclosed environment.
pennsylvania, delaware county, heat wave, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 1 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 24 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 17 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 47 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
24 min ago