Possible heat related death in Delco
BROOKHAVEN, Pa. - July 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware County officials say an 81-year-old woman's death may have been partially attributed to the complications from the heat.
Eleanor Murray of Brookhaven was discovered inside her Forestview Road home back on July 24th.
She was described as being unresponsive; her home was said to be hot.
A subsequent external examination revealed she died from arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease associated with inanition with probable dehydration and exposure to a hot enclosed environment.
pennsylvania, delaware county, heat wave, local/state
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 18 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 17 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ