Pedestrian killed by train in Lansdale, Pa.
LANSDALE, Pa. - July 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- A person was struck and killed by a train in Lansdale, Montgomery County Friday morning.
The incident happened at 7:40 a.m. on the northbound tracks between the Pennbrook Station and the Lansdale Station.
Officials report that it appears a person was struck by a SEPTA Regional Rail train. The victim reportedly sustained fatal injuries.
No word at this time how the incident occurred.
SEPTA has not officially confirmed the accident but does say that due to police activity at the Pennbrook Station in Lansdale, Regional Rail Service on SEPTA's Lansdale/Doylestown line had been temporarily suspended and is now operating with delays.
pedestrian struck, train accident, lansdale, montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 33 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 57 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos