Fire, PGW crews respond to gas leak in South Phila.
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- Fire officials are responding to the 900 block of South 3rd Street for a reported gas main leak in South Philadelphia.
According to PGW, the leak happened around 10:00 a.m. on a construction site when a contractor struck a line.
PGW said no properties were affected and no one is being evacuated.
There is no word on anyone sustaining injuries at this time, nor have there been any reported evacuations in the area.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
gas leak, south philadelphia, pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Temps soar above normal 36 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily 14 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Temps soar above normal
36 min ago