Fire, PGW crews respond to gas leak in South Phila.
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- Fire officials are responding to the 900 block of South 3rd Street for a reported gas main leak in South Philadelphia.
According to PGW, the leak happened around 10:00 a.m. on a construction site when a contractor struck a line.
PGW said no properties were affected and no one is being evacuated.
There is no word on anyone sustaining injuries at this time, nor have there been any reported evacuations in the area.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
gas leak, south philadelphia, pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1