Fire, PGW crews respond to gas leak in South Phila.
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- Fire officials are responding to the 900 block of South 3rd Street for a reported gas main leak in South Philadelphia.
According to PGW, the leak happened around 10:00 a.m. on a construction site when a contractor struck a line.
PGW said no properties were affected and no one is being evacuated.
There is no word on anyone sustaining injuries at this time, nor have there been any reported evacuations in the area.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
gas leak, south philadelphia, pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run