Police: Red Cross volunteers attacked
MILTON, Del. (AP) - July 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- A 71-year-old Milton man has been charged in an attack on two Red Cross volunteers after Delaware State Police say he swung a wooden board at them.
The volunteers, a couple from Wilmington in their 50s, were in the 17000 block of Pettyjohn Road on Saturday making lodging arrangements for victims of a recent fire there, when police say Hosea Brown began swinging a board at them. Meanwhile, police say 51-year-old Clara Bailey of Milton threatened the volunteers and grabbed one by the arm. No one was injured and the couple fled in a Red Cross vehicle.
Brown was arrested and charged with reckless endangering, menacing and disorderly conduct. Police are still looking for Bailey, but a warrant charges her with the same offenses, plus offensive touching.
delaware, red cross, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 6 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 1 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
6 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
1 min ago
- Police push burning car in New Hampshire
15 min ago