Fire damages several homes in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - August 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A fast-moving house fire damaged a number of homes overnight in Philadelphia's Overbrook section.
Flames broke out just before 5:00 a.m. Tuesday on the 5500 block of W. Oxford Street.
When firefighters arrived, flames were showing on the first and second floors of one of the houses.
The fire then spread along the front porch area to connecting homes. Firefighters were able to contain the spreading fire and then focused on the interior fire inside the house.
There are no reports of injuries.
Officials are investigating the cause.
overbrook, pennsylvania, philadelphia, fire, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler 22 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar 57 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash 43 min ago
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup 13 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 3 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 24 min ago
- Water main break forces evacuation of...
57 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
43 min ago