Fire damages several homes in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - August 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A fast-moving house fire damaged a number of homes overnight in Philadelphia's Overbrook section.
Flames broke out just before 5:00 a.m. Tuesday on the 5500 block of W. Oxford Street.
When firefighters arrived, flames were showing on the first and second floors of one of the houses.
The fire then spread along the front porch area to connecting homes. Firefighters were able to contain the spreading fire and then focused on the interior fire inside the house.
There are no reports of injuries.
Officials are investigating the cause.
overbrook, pennsylvania, philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 23 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 29 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
23 min ago