Fire damages several homes in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - August 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A fast-moving house fire damaged a number of homes overnight in Philadelphia's Overbrook section.
Flames broke out just before 5:00 a.m. Tuesday on the 5500 block of W. Oxford Street.
When firefighters arrived, flames were showing on the first and second floors of one of the houses.
The fire then spread along the front porch area to connecting homes. Firefighters were able to contain the spreading fire and then focused on the interior fire inside the house.
There are no reports of injuries.
Officials are investigating the cause.
overbrook, pennsylvania, philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 36 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 54 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!