Fundraiser for Radnor creek victim Logan Schweiter
RADNOR TWP., Pa. - August 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Friends came out to give their support to a preteen who is fighting for his life after being rescued from flooding waters.
The accident has left 12-year-old Logan Schweiter with brain damage and he has yet to regain consciousness.
On Wedneday, Logan's neighbors ate dinner at a Berwyn McDonald's, bought raffle tickets, and had their cars washed.
All the proceeds will go towards Logan's long term care.
At around 8:00 p.m. on July 25th, Radnor Township police and medic units were called out to the Ithan Creek along the 200 block of Pembroke Road for the report of a 12-year-old boy drowning.
Logan was with two of his friends when the accident happened.
"Apparently, during the severe flooding you saw earlier, him and his friends, from what we gather...apparently jumped in the creek with a couple of rafts and unfortunately, he got sucked into the culvert," Radnor Township Police Superintendent William Colarulo said at the time.
One of Logan's friends ran to his house and called 911 and police rushed to the find the 12-year-old in jeopardy, with heavy rains coming down.
"We had a hard time finding him. When he finally did pop out of the water, we got him out, they started administering CPR," Colarulo said.
Logan was rushed to Bryn Mawr Hospital and later transferred to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on life support.
"We're just keeping our fingers crossed; he's in our prayers," Colarulo said.
pennsylvania, delaware county, drowning, local/state
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 52 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft 54 min ago
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home 22 min ago
- Charges filed in alleged chop shop raid in N. Phila. 55 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 4 min ago
- Police question suspect in Christmas...
54 min ago