Turnpike reopens after rig crash in Tredyffrin Twp.
TREDYFFRIN TWP., Pa. - August 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- An overturned tractor-trailer accident closed the westbound lanes of the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Tredyffrin Township early Thursday morning.
The accident happened between Valley Forge and Downingtown.
The truck leaked diesel fuel, prompting the response of hazmat crews to the scene.
Crews also had to make repairs to the median at Route 322 where the truck hit. The truck has since been removed.
The Turnpike reopened shortly after 6:00 a.m.
So far, there are no word of injuries.
accident, pennsylvania turnpike, pennsylvania, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 45 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 1 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 43 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
45 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
1 min ago