Gas leak prompts evacuation in Oreland
ORELAND, Pa. - August 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- A gas leak forced more than a dozen families out of their homes overnight.
15 homes had to be evacuated along 1100 block of church road Oreland, Montgomery County.
Firefighters and PECO crews were called in after reports of a strong gas odor.
Crews repaired the leak just after midnight and residents were allowed back in their homes this morning.
There's no word on what caused the leak.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, gas leak, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man 18 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 22 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
22 min ago