Opening night at Musikfest
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - August 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- It is opening night for Musikfest, the ten day extravaganza with some 300 acts that will have the Bethlehem area rocking.
"This is an awesome back drop for a show," said Lou Cina, when asked about watching the show from under the steel stacks.
"It's fun to be able to not have to go very far to do something," says Lisa Pizzuto of Easton.
"A lot of music! Its non-stop different free shows and free stages; good times," says Anthony Pizzuto.
They are just a few of the estimated one million people expected to trek to Bethlehem for the music and the food.
"We have over 500 live free performances throughout the two downtowns of Bethlehem including Cosgrove," said Jeffrey Parks.
And the food& from a German plum cake to English toffee, there's guaranteed to be something for everyone.
And don't forget the Musikfest memorabilia.
The 10-day festival of music, food and fun starts Friday night at 7:00pm and continues through Sunday, August 14th.
For more information on Musikfest and the dates and times of performances, click on the Musikfest tab on the 6abc.com home page or visit 6at4.com.Link: Musikfest
musikfest, music, bethlehem, pennsylvania, local/state, alicia vitarelli
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ