Pa. man dies after sailboat capsizes off Delaware
DEWEY BEACH, Del. (AP) - August 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware authorities say a Pennsylvania man died after his sailboat capsized near Dewey Beach.
Michael Globetti of the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control says 63-year-old James Lefever of Lancaster was in Rehoboth Bay about a half-mile from shore on Saturday when the boat tipped over.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports (http://bit.ly/oj6pGC ) that a second passenger on the small vessel managed to stay aboard, but Lefever became separated from the boat and drifted away. When emergency workers arrived Lefever was unconscious and Globetti says he was pronounced dead a short time later.
DNREC's boating safety unit will investigate the incident. Lefever's death is the state's third boating-related fatality this year.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, lancaster county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport 23 min ago
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Wilmington boy reported missing found safe 4 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer 29 min ago
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends 41 min ago
- Rollings Stones review: How old is too old? 4 min ago