Man rescued from river, arrested on warrant
EASTON, Pa. - August 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in an eastern Pennsylvania township say a man who had just been rescued from the Delaware River was then arrested on an outstanding warrant.
Authorities say 31-year-old Easton resident Marcus Rojas was rescued near a park in Williams Township on Sunday morning after being dragged downstream by a strong current.
The Morning Call of Allentown reports police found Rojas had outstanding warrants for driving under the influence of alcohol. Rojas was then sent to Northampton County Prison. It was not immediately clear if he had an attorney.
Investigators say Rojas and a friend had been illegally camping on an island in the river.
Information from: The Morning Call, http://www.mcall.com
easton, pennsylvania, rescue, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 16 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 1 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
16 min ago
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
1 min ago