Man charged in CVS parking lot stabbing
NORRISTOWN, Pa. - August 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Montgomery County have charged a man in the stabbing death of a teenager in a CVS parking lot over the weekend.
Police were called to the Norristown CVS lot at about 1:45 p.m. Saturday, where 18-year-old Jervonte Tyler had been stabbed three times. He died shortly after arrival at Montgomery Hospital.
Montgomery County officials said Monday that the teenager was involved in a fight with a man who used to live in the same residence but had been kicked out.
31-year-old Palmer Rodriguez was charged with first- and third-degree murder and a weapons offense. He was taken to the county prison without bail pending an Aug. 17 preliminary hearing; a listed number for him could not be found and it was unclear whether he had an attorney.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, norristown, stabbing, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep 42 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera 17 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 17 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's