Cooking blamed for fire that displaces 8
BREWERYTOWN - August 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Cooking is being blamed for a fire that has left a family of eight homeless in the Brewerytown section of Philadelphia.
The fire broke out around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday on the 1300 block of N. Dover Street.
Four adults, two men and two women, as well as four children were able to make it out of the burning home safely.
The fire was placed under control at 6:46 a.m.
The Red Cross is assisting those displaced.
brewerytown, philadelphia, pennsylvania, fire, local/state
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 6 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 2 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
2 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
6 min ago