Phila. boy drowns while visiting family in New Castle
NEW CASTLE, Del. - August 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- New Castle County police are investigating the drowning death of an 8-year-old Philadelphia boy who was visiting family at a home in the community of Llangolen Green.
Police and paramedics were called around 6:30 p.m. to a home in the 100 block of Callow Place for a report of a possible drowning.
Emergency Personnel arrived within five minutes to find the child had already been pulled from the pool by family members and was receiving CPR.
The child, identified as Aiysir Bess, was treated at the scene and rushed to the Christiana Hospital where he died.
Police say Aiysir was visiting family when it appears as though he was riding his bicycle in the rear yard when he crashed and fell into the pool.
A short time later, the family began to look for Aiysir when they found the child at the bottom of the pool.
The cause and manner of the child's death will be determined by the Delaware State Medical Examiner's Office.
No foul play is suspected.
pennsylvania, new castle county, delaware, philadelphia, drowning, local/state
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police