Phila. boy drowns while visiting family in New Castle
NEW CASTLE, Del. - August 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- New Castle County police are investigating the drowning death of an 8-year-old Philadelphia boy who was visiting family at a home in the community of Llangolen Green.
Police and paramedics were called around 6:30 p.m. to a home in the 100 block of Callow Place for a report of a possible drowning.
Emergency Personnel arrived within five minutes to find the child had already been pulled from the pool by family members and was receiving CPR.
The child, identified as Aiysir Bess, was treated at the scene and rushed to the Christiana Hospital where he died.
Police say Aiysir was visiting family when it appears as though he was riding his bicycle in the rear yard when he crashed and fell into the pool.
A short time later, the family began to look for Aiysir when they found the child at the bottom of the pool.
The cause and manner of the child's death will be determined by the Delaware State Medical Examiner's Office.
No foul play is suspected.
pennsylvania, new castle county, delaware, philadelphia, drowning, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 1 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street 3 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)